Awesome, we are always open to accepting new contributors—as long as you’re an experienced boater with a passion for life on the water.
Guest Blogging Requirements
We’re looking for original posts that are comprehensive, specific, and have personality. Generic, dull, or unoriginal posts that don’t provide specific information will not get published.
Other important guidelines include:
1. The minimum word count is 1,200 words, but there is no maximum word count.
2. Posts should reflect the writing style/tone of the BetterBoat blog (more info in this document).
3. We welcome image suggestions, especially if they are photos you’ve taken yourself.
4. You are welcome to include a short author bio at the end of the blog post, with a maximum of one link to your own website. (This is the only place we allow a dofollow link to your content.)
5. Please avoid being self-promotional in the body of your article. Save that for your author bio.
6. Please submit your post in a Word document with any image files (including attribution) attached separately.
7. Please properly attribute data, quotations, and other third-party content referenced in the article.
How to Submit Your Guest Post
Ready to have your writing published on Better Boat? Email us at editors [at] betterboat [dot] com with your ideas or your completed guest post.
Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot respond to all submissions. If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. That process may take up to 2 weeks.
P.S. Are you looking for a long-term, paid writing job? If you’ve got the writing chops and boating experience, we might have something for you. Email us at editors [at] betterboat [dot] com with your writing samples.