Looking for a nice gift for your favorite tooner?
We know those boating friends and family can be tough to shop for. The only thing that really seems to catch their attention is boating stuff—and there’s so much of it out there.
Shopping online or in local boating shops, it can be hard to tell what’s high quality or low quality. Beyond that, it’s hard to know what your loved one will actually be excited to receive.
Here are some recommendations they’re bound to appreciate.
1. A Nice Wet Suit
- Stay Cool and Comfortable: Short legs and sleeves, our wetsuit is a great go-to when temperatures are on the rise! Whether surfing, kiteboarding, wakeboarding or scuba diving, you’ll enjoy comfortable and breathable warmth without overheating.
- Maximize Performance: Thanks to our anatomical cut for a comfortable fit, our wetsuit feels like a second skin! Adjustable Velcro collar and super-stretch neoprene deliver a full range of motion, eliminating confining, restrictive discomfort.
- All-in-One Practicality: Featuring an internal key pocket, our wetsuits ensure your essentials are always at arm’s reach! We designed them with tear away sizing tags, providing you with quick convenience and hassle-free functionality.
- Premium Quality: A must have triathlon swimsuit works as hard as you do! It’s why we use heavy-duty YKK metal zippers and reinforced spot taping in stress areas. Glued and sewed the seams for extra durability, ensuring reliability and longevity.
- 1-Year Warranty: At NeoSport, we put our customers above all else! If for any reason our summer wetsuit is defective, simply let us know. All orders are backed by our full 1-year warranty, reflecting our commitment to world-class service.
If you boat around cold water during parts of the year, a wet suit is a really nice gift for a pontoon fan. This premium men’s wet suit only costs $65, gets awesome reviews, and looks great.
When buying a wet suit, the first consideration is what you want to have covered. I find that the short sleeves and shorts style is most popular because you can also use it both when it’s cold or also when it’s pretty hot outside.
A wet suit not only keeps you warm on the water, it also dries quickly, is a safety feature because it protects the body from hard slaps on the water, and prevents the uncomfortable rubbing of life jackets on the body.
2. Maps for their Fish Finder
- Contains detailed charts for the selected region
- Ability to update charts via PC
- Add sonar data and community edits
- One-year subscription
- Includes SD card reader
A mapping card is really nice to have for boating because it shows you the depth of each of the areas of the lake. It prevents running aground, which can cause serious injury and damage to the boat when you find a sudden shallow area. It’s also really nice to have for fishing, because a good fisherman can look at the maps and know where some likely hotspots are for fishing. Aside from that, most good mapping cards also show you the nearest beach-side restrooms and the marina are.
If you ever boat at night and are concerned about finding your way back in the dark, a mapping card is essential.
3. Diving Board
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Energy canceling design means you can play for hours without rocking the boat
- Designed for kids and adults up to 250 lbs
- Constructed out of heavy wall aluminum with stainless steel hardware
- Quick Release pins allows for easy storage and docking
This is a NIIIIIiiice present. Think “wife of the year” or “rich wife of the year.” It’s pricey, but the lillipad diving board for pontoon boats is tough to beat in terms of awesome presets for pontoon boat captains.
4. Boating Decor
- The Ship wheel size is 24.4"x24.4"(62x62cm),wood thickness :1.4"(3.5cm)
- Material: Handcrafted with high quality Wood and just rope,very sturdy.
- Great gift for those who love sailing and nautical wall art. A perfect nautical wall hanging decor to accent your home with other Mediterranean ornaments like fishing net,sea shells,wood lighthouse,nautical chairs,ect.
- Comes with a small metal triangle hook on the reverse side spokes , surrounding it and is easily mountable to a wall in need of a beach decoration.
- This wooden ship wheel light blue ,light yellow,dark blue and white with contrasting bright colors, some shells and rope on it make it the perfect nautical wall hanging decor to accent your home.
One fun idea would be to decorate a bathroom or even the garage area where you keep your boating stuff with a little nautical inspiration. This captain’s steering wheel would be a handsome addition to your pontoon boating decor.
5. Nice Pair of Boat Shoes
- Built to be around water, waterproof leather and ventilating mesh panels handle amphibious wear nicely.
I have a strange love for my boat shoes, despite the fact that I generally could care less about fashion. If your loved one is more of the sophisticated (also known as “old guy”) type, then he’ll surely appreciate these waterproof leather loafers. If he’s more of the sporty (not old) type, then these Addidas ones are an awesome choice (and my personal preference–sorry old dudes).
- UPPER: Climacool open mesh for enhanced breathability
- UPPER: EVA tongue top for enhanced fit and comfort
- UPPER: Stretchable heel insert for optimal fit.
- MIDSOLE/OUTSOLE: Climacool tooling construction for enhanced breathability and comfort
- SUSTAINABLE CONTENT: Environmentally developed pattern and 5-10% recycled non visible content
6. LED Light Kit
- A. 2.4G Full Color Remote Control and Receiving Antenna
- B. Wire Harness
- C. Two 7M RBG LED FLEX Light Strips (apx. 23' each strip)
- D. Clear Mounting Track
- Will fit any size boat
If you want your pontoon to have a little style at night, it’s tough to beat an LED light kit. The install is done in just a couple hours and you’ll have gorgeous, vibrant under-deck lighting illuminating the water under you as you cruise along in the evenings.
This kit comes with everything you need for the install.
7. New Stereo
- 4 x 45 watts
- Auxiliary input
- USB input for USB drivers
- 2 pair of RCA pre-outs
If your pontoon boat has a stereo built in, but it’s and old-school stereo with Bluetooth so you can’t wireless play music from your phone, this is a fun and simple upgrade. Simply buy a new stereo of the same size on Amazon and the install can be done in 15 minutes. If you don’t currently have a stereo in your boat and you have to wire the speakers and such, this would be a much more involved upgrade.
This marine grade stereo fits a standard size opening, is water resistant, and includes Bluetooth to play music wirelessly from your smart phone or tablet. If you need a circular one to fit a gauge-style opening, then this is a good choice.
8. Under Armour Fishing Shirt
- Light & fast, built from incredibly stretchy, breathable woven fabric
- Stain release materials keep blood, guts & dirt from soaking in
- Material wicks sweat & dries really fast
- Under Armour mission is to make all athletes better through passion, design and the relentless pursuit of innovation
- Where we started? It all started with an idea to build a superior T-shirt
When you’re out fishing on your pontoon boat, you want to have breathable fabrics so you don’t get too hot, but you also want nice pockets and a shirt that won’t stay soaking wet if it gets dipped underwater.
This Under Armour fishing shirt looks fantastic and is made of durable fabrics. I want one.
9. Nice Raised Boat Registration Numbers
- High Quality 3-Dimensional Domed in Super Bright Chrome
- Size: 3" high Italic font Standard
- Font: Wake Series 2019 White Center / Chrome Outline
- # of pcs: 16 pcs total - Registration numbers come as a set of two - one for each side of the boat/jetski
- After your purchase please message us your Registration Number: -Go to Your Orders, find your order in the list, and click Contact Seller . Thank you
We’re all picky about our boats, and boat registration numbers have never looked very attractive. Until now. These raised boat registration numbers look as good as possible–almost like a factory look. You can pick them up for $40 on Amazon.
10. Tide Indicator Shark Watch
- Sport watch with screw-accented case featuring backlight for easy readability and tide data for 150 beaches worldwide
- Also features stainless steel pushers, sunrise/sunset data, and countdown timer
- 48 mm plastic case with mineral dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with digital display
- Silicone band with buckle closure
I love Shark watches! When I lived near the ocean, I had Shark watches that would last for years of abuse. They are incredibly durable, waterproof, and this one shows high and low tide times for those who use their pontoon boats near the ocean or very large bodies of water.
11. Captain Hat
For the captain of the pontoon boat, a handsome captain’s hat is a must. It’s part of a man’s self-esteem 🙂
12. In-Deck Campfire Kit
This is such a cool idea. If your loved one wants to do something unique with the ‘toon and doesn’t mind a little project to install, this kit will allow you to install a campfire pit right in the deck of your pontoon boat. Awesome!
13. The World’s Best Tackle Box
- Plano Tackle Storage | Protecting your passion since 1952
- Main compartment presents utility boxes at a 15-degree angle for ease of access
- Integrated expandable rear pocket for added storage | DuraView covers and doors | Non-skid rubber feet to prevent slipping and sliding around your boat
- Two top-access storage areas and spacious storage under lid | Sturdy locking latches and carry handle
- Includes | Three 3600 Series StowAway Utility Boxes, Two 3400 Series StowAway Utility Boxes, One Polycarbonate Wallet | Made in the USA
If the person you’re buying for is a fishing fan, then look no further than this Plano tackle box. It’s HUGE! When I first bought mine I thought I’d never fill it, but sure enough, I did.
Before this tackle box I had fishing stuff all over the garage and never had with me what I needed when fishing. With a pontoon boat where there is usually lots of storage, you have the luxury of using an oversized tackle box to keep things organized.
14. Captain’s Life Vest
- ReliaPull Guide for predictable inflation and assists in repacking
- Air mesh comfort pad on body belt
- Convenient reusable mesh storage/carry bag
- Not approved for children under 16 years of age
- 1 1/2" buckle and body belt, padded
Many captains don’t wear life vests. On a pontoon boat that feels like a huge barge that sits up high on the water, it can feel unnecessary if you aren’t jumping in and wakeboarding or tubing. Most of the time, this is perfectly fine, but at some point in your lifelong boating venture, trouble will rear its head and you’ll wish you had your life vest on.
A great solution to this that encourages pontoon captains to wear a vest is a waist pack manual inflatable life vest. It’s small and discreet, but a quick pull of the rip cord and you’re safely floating.